blockMesh is a structured hexahedral mesh generator.
- structured hex mesh
- built using blocks
- supports cell size grading
- supports curved block edges
- requires consistent block-to-block connectivity
- ordering of points is important
Well suited to simple geometries that can be described by a few blocks, but challenging to apply to cases with a large number of blocks due to book-keeping requirements, i.e. the need to manage point connectivity and ordering.
Command line usage:
The utility is controlled using a
blockMeshDict dictionary, located in
system directory, split into the following sections:
- Tutorials: $FOAM_TUTORIALS/mesh/blockMesh